Sunday, July 27, 2008

Welcome!

I have been bargain hunting and clipping coupons since I was a teenager, but it's only been in the last year or so that I have been doing what I call "extreme bargain shopping". I scour the weekly sales ads, combine them with coupons and shop clearance for the best possible deals. Not only is it economical and saves me hundreds and hundreds of dollars a year, but I also think of it as a game. It's fun to see how much I can stretch a dollar and just how much stuff I can get for as cheap as possible!

Now, my family is small. It's just my wonderful husband, James, myself, and our 3 cats, Sirius Black (yes, he's a black cat!), Jayne "baby cat", and our newest little cuddle-cat, Ianto. Kudos to anyone who can figure out where their names came from, by the way! But, although my family is small, we still spent a lot on groceries, toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc. until I started shopping the way I do. We've drastically cut our budget and have accumulated a nice little stockpile of reserves. My only problem is I can't pass up a good deal, so my stockpile keeps growing!

Whether your family is small like mine or very large, I'm sure you'll find some tips and advice that will be worth your time and that will save you a lot of money. I have several blogs and websites that I highly recommend that you will see linked on this site, and I strongly suggest you use all available resources to stretch your dollar the furthest. I will be posting daily (maybe even more) to show not only the best deals, but also to share my own ongoing struggle and learning process to get the most out of my own family's money to reach our goals. My own personal goal? Well, my husband and I both want to have children in the very near future and we both would love it if I could be a stay at home mother. In this oppressive economy it's difficult to do so, so we're trying to make this a reality before we even have children.

I welcome all of you to this site and hope you enjoy the information I share and learn a few ways to stretch your own dollars.

No comments: